Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Second Personal Statement

As a young child we all aspire to become what we consider the dream job. When we were five years old, that meant being an astronaut or a cowboy. But now, as we find our selves inching closer to adulthood and being independent, it's easy to see how much our interests have changed. Now, most of us find our selves aspiring to be a doctor or a lawyer, big dreams that entails a long road ahead of us.
This was the case for me when I began high school. All I was interested in was fiding a career that I could be succesful in, but at the same time satisfying in return. I must have picked up this trait from my parents, because sure enough they were the ones to convince me the medical field would be the most witty field to become a part of. And as the end result, I now aspire to one day become a physician with her own clinic. I have further expanded on my dream as well. Not only do I just want to be succesful for the rewards that it would personally give me ($$), but I now have dreams to hopefully one day take my practice to other countries. Third world countries to be exact, whose people are deprived of things we take for granted every day of our lives.
In the society we live in today, it's all about net working and who you know. I believe this theory to the very core. It applies to all things, especially when it comes to getting a job in today's competitive job field. The fundamentals that will make a difference on how succesful one is in their career can come down to what college you attended. This is why I want to attend Creighton University. They have an outstanding academic program, especially in the medical field, which is what they are known for. They have been ranked number two in our nation for their medical program, and I know those who attend or have graduated from Creighton are considered to be "up on a pedastal" per say, because many are impressed by them. This university will put me on a path of success, and if I receieved a degree from this university, I would be extremly proud to be given such a prestiges opportunity. It would mean alot to me to be part of an alumni who are considered and known to be among the most succesful in their job fields today.

No comments:

Post a Comment